If you are like most estheticians, the experience of building a skin care clientele after licensing has been far different (and harder) than you imagined. You may be wondering what’s normal and what isn’t as you work to build a business you can survive on. Preston, a 30+ year professional esthetician, author and business mentor will reveal the facts about what it means to grow a skincare practice. Among the topics covered:
• How long does it take to achieve a full book of loyal clients
• What a typical esthetician’s clientele is made up from
• Marketing realities: what works and what doesn’t
• Where the money is and isn’t
• The five smartest things you can do to build your business Preston “tells it like it is” about client attraction and retention. He will share his own success story as an example of what a wise esthetics practice means and how you can achieve it, too.
Douglas Preston’s career spans 30+years in professional esthetics, spa management and skincare career mentoring. His business articles appear in many of the top trade journals and magazines. He is past-president of Aesthetics International Association, and former committee chairman for The Day Spa Association. Preston was named The Day Spa Association’s “Spa Person of the Year” and voted Favorite Spa Consultant in an American Spa magazine readers’ poll. His recently published book, An Esthetician’s Guide to Growing A Successful Skincare Career, is a top-seller among ambitious working skincare professionals. Preston leads The Inspired Esthetician www.TheInspiredEsthetician.Com, a membership-based resource for professional education and career/business mentoring.